Any website owner wants to know what he requires to do to make his website successful and there are a lot of things to be done if you want to be another success story.
Unfortunately, most people think that having a website is something cool and easy while reality is different.
With the power of WordPress you can build your website within a few minutes. But what is the use of it if no one wants to stay on your website and read your content or even worse, no one knows that your website does exist?
To make your website successful requires a lot of time and efforts spent in the right direction and I’m going to do an in-depth analysis of what has already been outlined in my previous articles.
1. Create unique content for your website and schedule your content creation. Content is the #1 issue for any website. It is the content that makes your website stand out among other websites and drives traffic to yours. If you don’t have unique content you simply don’t have a website.
If you have been online for some time and spent that time wisely, you should by now know that content is the foundation of any website and that to create unique content requires a lot of time and efforts.
I would say it is similar to writing a book. If you love writing, sharing your knowledge and helping others then you will most probably be successful online. To create an original content you need to do a lot of research online to study your niche. You can’t just copy someone else’s content and put it on your website.
I understand that it is not an easy task to create unique content. If you find it difficult then you can visit other successful websites to get an idea of what to write about BUT you MUST add your own thoughts to your writings, you MUST have your own view on different issues or otherwise you can’t be successful.
If you want your website to be successful, in addition to having your own view on different issues, you also must be able to write a good number of featured articles to stand out among other websites from your niche.
And finally you should create the content for your website consistently. You can’t write an article today and then leave it for the next one or two weeks.
You should schedule your content creation and do it at least two/three times per week but if you feel that you can do it every other day or every day that would be perfect. Remember that more content leads to more traffic and sales.
2. You can sign up for Google alerts (http://www.google.com/alerts ) to stay up to date and get new content ideas. Additionally you can visit article directories (streetarticles.com, goarticles.com, ezineartcles.com, ehow.com) to get some more ideas for your content, read comments on your own website and see what is on people’s mind, read comments on other websites, participate in forums related to your niche to find new ideas, be active on social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Pinterest, YouTube.
All these tasks alone can give you a lot of content ideas for your website. You can browse your competitor’s websites to get more ideas for yours. You can even find some ideas from newspapers or magazines. In one word, to make your website successful you need to read and do a lot of research on the Internet.
3. By installing Google analytics you can track your website traffic to know which pages are most visited and make improvements on those pages. By improvements I mean that you can try different types of banners, text links or other products on those pages and see which of them convert the most. Remember that tracking is very important to your online success.
4. Interlink your related posts because this way your readers can easily read more of your content and that is an excellent chance to reduce the bounce rate of your website.
This is very important because you never know which of your pages will be ranked on Google. If you interlink all your pages then one page can bring traffic to other pages on your website.
5. Try to be an authority in your niche and to be able to manage it you need to be active on the web. You can express your own opinion on any issue on your website but do it from different sides in order to stand out from the crowd.
If you can do it then your readers will start to value your opinion. Remember that you should be objective in your opinion otherwise you will lose your readers’ trust.
6. Buying a premium WordPress theme which is around $70 will only add value to your website and help you build trust with your visitors. Remember that having a professional looking website is very important if you want to be successful.
7. Remember that the most important task is to be helpful to your readers. Your #1 task is to create a site that will answer your visitors’ questions and solve their problems. If you focus on that task it will not be hard to make your site successful.
8. Join online business community such as Wealthy affiliate (the best one), or Affilorama, or Chris Farrell Membership. Joining Wealthy Affiliate will give you a lot of advantages over your competitors. WA community has an active forum and thousands of active members discussing a lot of issues every day and you can ask a question or get an expert advice from many successful online marketers.
This alone can give you a lot of ideas for expanding your business and improving your website. You can get an excellent training in those communities that will seriously increase your knowledge and experience and will pay you off. You can find a lot of people having websites related to your niche and many of them are real successful marketers.
Building relationships with them can help you seriously improve your website and get a lot of new ideas on how to take your business to the next level. I’m a premium member of Wealthy Affiliate and can honestly say that if not WA I wouldn’t be successful today.
9. If images that you are using for your articles are too large in size try to compress them so that an image doesn’t exceed 100/200 Kbyte. You can do it at tinypng.com. Remember that your site will grow over time and the more images you have the more time your site will need to load. If you have too many large size images it will seriously slow your website load time.
Here is a free tutorial on how to make your site load faster. The tutorial was created by one of the premium members of our community.
Image resources for your website:
http://www.canstockphoto.com/ (The best one in terms of price and image collection)