When you start building your business online, you need certain tools to make your website look professional, and well optimized for search engines.
Your success depends on whether you use the right tools or not and I’m going to show you some of these tools, free and paid.
1. The first tool that you need to build a website is a SiteRubix based on a WordPress technology. When you create your free account at WA you’ll also get access to the first level of online entrepreneur certification course and learn how to build a successful online business.
SiteRubix is free and easy to use website builder. You can choose a domain name for your website and it will look like this (yourname.siterubix.com).
You don’t need any HTML coding. A site built with SiteRubix gets ranked very well and fast on Google. Here is the video lesson on how to build your first website.
Remember that wordpress theme templates are free on siterubix. But the paid i.e. premium themes work much better because they are more stable. Premium theme is a good option in terms of building trust with your visitors and making money from your website.
2. Pretty link is another great tool that helps you make your affiliate links look good. It is not a link cloaker. It is legit technique that will make the look of your affiliate links more trustworthy in the eyes of your visitors.
Just imagine that instead of having affiliate link like this: www.wealthyaffiliate.com?a_aid=bb95ee49 , you make it look more professional like this: www.yourincomeadvisor.com/wealthyaffiliatereview
If you can build trust with your visitors and help them then no one is going to care about your affiliate links. Anyway they will buy through your affiliate links. But some people don’t like them (affiliate links) because they think that if they buy a product directly from the merchant’s website the price will be cheaper though it’s not so.
If you don’t like pretty links you can forget about pretty link plugin and use your affiliate links as they are. Pretty link plugin is free and can be installed inside your wordpress dashboard. If you need some advanced features then you can read more details at http://prettylinkpro.com/
3. Link shortener is another great tool that you want to use on your website. Some affiliate links are too long and don’t look good. Imagine that instead of having a link like this: https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/training/how-content-can-lead-to-mass-traffic, you can have a short link, like http://goo.gl/o8PeKq
Some social media network sites don’t allow posting long links and you have to use link shortener.
To shorten your link, please bookmark this page: http://goo.gl/
4. Jaaxy is another great tool that once you understand all its advantages it will become one of your most used and favorite tools. With this tool you can find the best keywords to rank under and get top rankings within a short time. It allows you to find low competition keywords that still can bring a good traffic to your website.
Besides that, it will show you which keywords you shouldn’t go for because it is a waste of time. It has more other cool features such as finding the best keywords for your YouTube video to rank under, showing you how much traffic from any keyword you can expect etc.
5. Google webmaster tools https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ is another great tool created by Google. It includes creating a sitemap for your website, shows you broken links on your site, Google analytics that shows you detailed statistics about your website traffic.
It shows you where your traffic comes from, which pages are the most visited etc. It is absolutely free. Just create account and get access to all features it offers you. I even can offer you another free tool www.statcounter.com for website traffic statistics which is a great tool as well.
To check broken links you can also use this tool http://www.brokenlinkcheck.com/broken-links.php. Note, that Google doesn’t like broken links so always check your website for broken links. As for Google analytics, you can find tons of videos on YouTube.
6. Feedburner http://feedburner.google.com/. This tool once installed on your website allows your visitors to sign up and receive news, posts or articles once they have been published on your site. It’s absolutely free. This is a good option to turn some of your visitors into repeat visitors and possibly customers. Here is a set up tutorial http://goo.gl/Cy0vnd
7. Aweber is a professional email marketing software. It allows you to create a great looking email sign up form and place it on your website. This will allow you to create a professional newsletter or a course and send it to as much subscribers as you need.
You can send your subscribers some valuable information that you think might interest them in the form of 3 or 5 days free course and add your affiliate link in the last email. Or by sending them your emails you can finally turn some of them into your customers.
You must be confident that the product you offer them is really good and if it is, you can make a few sales. Using this great tool you can turn many of your first visitors into repeat visitors and according to statistics most sales come from repeat visitors.
This is only one example but there are many other ways of using email marketing. For more details on email marketing, please read my article.
8. Cooltext is a free tool you can use to create a logo for your website http://cooltext.com/. You don’t need any designer skills to create a logo for your website. Just choose the logo you like, create it within a few seconds and upload to your website.
9. Button creator is another great and free tool that you can use to create different types of buttons for your website and no skills are required as well. http://dabuttonfactory.com/, or http://goo.gl/wdsvW4
10. Snagit is a screen capture software that you can use to make beautiful images for your blog or create videos for your website or YouTube. It is really an awesome tool and is going to become your #1 tool for your site. You can find a lot of video tutorials on YouTube on how to work with this software. You can buy it at Techsmith and watch some tutorials there.
11. Gimp is a free image editor that you can use to create beautiful banners and images for your website. You can download it for free on the Internet http://www.gimp.org/, and watch video tutorials on YouTube on how to use the software.
12. Video creator is another tool that you need to create engaging videos for your website or put them on YouTube to drive more traffic to your website. Remember that video marketing is a must use technique if you want to be successful online.
There are different types of software: http://www.sparkol.com/ or http://www.screenr.com/. You can create and edit videos with Snagit or Camtasia. I use Camtasia from Techsmith. For more info read my article.
13. Grammarly is another great tool to check your articles for grammar errors. Remember that when you publish your content on the web it is highly recommended to proofread the material because some internet searchers are very sensitive and can leave your website if they find some serious grammatical errors on your website.
If English language is your second language then you’d better hire a professional proofreader and if English is your first language and you are confident in your knowledge of it but still not 100% sure if there are some grammar errors then this software will work fine for you. http://www.grammarly.com/
14. And finally, there is a service that you will definitely need to ease your work. There are a few great websites where you can find literally all you might need for your website. For a very cheap price you can find someone to create a professional logo for your website, write an article, proofread your materials, create professional videos and a lot of other things. When you look through profiles try to find someone with a good work history.
15. Finally, tools alone can’t make you successful online. You need to get trained at the right place to be able to build a successful online business. My # 1 ranked program is Wealthy Affiliate and you can read my full review below.