Product name: Six Figure Mentors
Product owner: Stuart Ross & Jay Kubassek
Price: $25 – $97 monthly +one time payment – $29.95 – $2500
Verdict: Recommended? Yes and NO
The Six Figure Mentors program has been already around for some time and it teaches people how to make money online.
It was launched first in 2010 and to be honest, they failed to achieve success with their system. Later, in 2012 they relaunched the program with some improvements.
There are many reviews on the internet about this program and opinions are really different. Some people consider it legit while others say it’s a scam.
To be honest, I can’t agree with people that say it’s a scam simply because the program is not a scam though it’s not perfect at all.
Most people that consider Six Figure Mentors to be a scam, think so because they want to promote a different product and that is the main reason that they try to show SFM in an unfavourable light.
I think their approach is wrong and in my review I’m going to be very honest with you and I will explain in details all good and bad sides of SFM.
Before you continue reading my review I want you to know that SFM is not a scam, BUT I can’t confidently recommend it either. Because this program is not perfect at all and membership packages are really way expensive and not affordable for an average person. A friend of mine lost $7000 with SFM and left the program after having been a member of SFM for almost a year. Take a look at his message to me.
I suggest that you take a look at another program that is a much better alternative to SFM and the price is affordable. I’m actually a member of this program.
The main idea behind Six Figure Mentors
The main idea behind Six Figure Mentors is about teaching you affiliate marketing and then selling people high ticket items.
Though they claim to teach you affiliate marketing, in fact, they mainly focus on teaching you how to sell their own product to other people, and by selling high ticket items you can earn fat affiliate commissions.
It means that their product isn’t that great at all. Their main concern is to bring new people to their system through selling them high ticket products and allow you to earn a commission.
And they teach you how to bring new people to their system and make money off them. That’s it.
And like with many other programs, there are people who are unhappy with SFM and there are people who are happy with it. And there are some complaints of course.
Pros of Six Figure Mentors
- You can try the program (initial level only) – not much value
- Videos are informative
- Money back guarantee ($29.95 refundable)
Cons of Six Figure Mentors
- Not as easy as you might be thinking
- Membership fee is very high and not affordable to most people
- Some packages will cost you a few thousands ( up to $30.000)
- There are some complaints on the internet
- To earn high affiliate commissions you must buy Elite membership (too expensive)
- To earn affiliate commissions you must stay there as a member, i.e. pay them
Inside the program
1. First off, SFM has a training ( getting started, building a foundation, start marketing, article marketing, ezine marketing, video marketing, social media etc.), community, forum, live calls, live webinars, tools, high affiliate commissions etc.
At first glance, the program is really good and many people can benefit from their training and communication with other successful internet marketers which is awesome. You can learn the basics of internet marketing to understand the process of making money online.
2. Once you pay $29.95 for intro membership, you get access to the following training course: Info marketing, Marketing Funnel training, Traffic generation, Lead generation, Internet marketing system tutorial, Creating an authority website, WordPress training etc.
If you are completely new to internet marketing, it can be very useful to watch these lessons and if you are a seasoned marketer it might be not so exciting.
Then you will get access to this page and there you will find other useful lessons, have some conference calls from top tier coaches.
The main problem with Six Figure Mentors is that to be able to earn high affiliate commissions you have to buy extremely expensive membership packages:
$29.95 one time + $25 per month – intro membership
$297 one time + $97 per month – basic membership
$2500 per year + $97 per month – elite membership ( access to high ticket affiliate commissions)
3. Most reviewers of SFM say that programs like SFM shouldn’t require their members to pay that much money to be able to promote high ticket items to earn affiliate commissions. Others say that members don’t pay for being able to promote products, they just pay for the training.
Anyway, even if they pay for the training, it’s still very expensive and an average internet user can’t afford that price.
This is my opinion and my main argument is that there are other quality programs on the internet that produce awesome results by helping people make money online and their price is much less compared to what SFM requires you to pay.
4. Another problem with SFM is that it’s not easy to sell high ticket items to people struggling online and I think in that sense, SFM owners focus on making money instead of helping people make money. Just imagine that once you join the program you start paying them and there is no guarantee when YOU start making money.
I understand that by selling high ticket items you can earn high affiliate commissions, but to be able to earn them you need to bring targeted traffic to your website or a squeeze page because your internet success depends on two things : 1. good product, 2. targeted traffic.
5. To bring traffic, you have 5 proven options: 1. Write content for your website and get it ranked on Google ( it takes times, most probably 3–6 months), 2. Buy traffic (PPC) (you need to spend money again), 3. Build your list (email marketing) (requires time, most probably months…), 4. Social media (requires time and hard work), 5. Video marketing (YouTube) (requires months and hard work).
As you can see, there are no any secrets to making money online. Just use proven methods, work hard and success will come, but it requires time and patience and hard work). One thing you must understand that Six Figure Mentors is not going to work for you and you just sit back and grab your money. This is a dream.
6. The bottom line is that it’s not easy to sell high tickets items on the internet though it’s possible and if you can, then you will earn good affiliate commissions. But it’s possible if you can afford to pay the price Six Figure Mentors is asking from you.
7. The good thing about SFM is that they have a forum where you can ask questions and get the assistance and that’s really great. They have also a messenger inside the members area and it’s another good option.
8. One thing that I don’t like about Six Figure Mentors is that they don’t have a keyword research tool and that’s really bad because keyword research is extremely important to be able to get your content ranked on Google or make your PPC campaign maximum profitable. This part of their system of course requires improvements.
9. Another thing that I don’t like about Six Figure Mentors is that they actually don’t teach you real affiliate marketing. Because real affiliate marketing is about finding a product, choosing a niche you have interest in, creating your website and making money from it.
Or to be exact, they teach you this stuff, but they mainly focus on teaching you to sell their own product to other people, which is like I said above, is very expensive and the membership price is not affordable to an average internet user.
10. I also don’t like some of their training materials because it doesn’t offer much value.
Free Digital Lifestyles Video Series – some marketing tricks used to get your email address and then they will be sending you their offers trying to get you into the system.
Introductory Package – not much different from the first package + access to Digital Businessman Lounge (DBL). They talk too much about the lifestyle you can afford by following them.
Basic SFM Package – you become a premium member, learn the basics of making money online, BUT still can’t sell their high ticket items.
Elite Package – only this super high package will allow you to become a SFM super affiliate and probably earn high affiliate commissions. And you will also get access to one-on-one coaching by the owners of Six Figure Mentors, Stuart Ross and Jay Kubassek.
11. Some of their upsells, such as Digital Experts Academy will cost you a few thousands of dollars and that’s really bad, guys. Digital Experts Academy packages include Elite, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Black with Black to cost you $30.000)
12. Another reason that I don’t like SFM is that you can keep your websites/squeeze pages as long as you pay them and have access to their system. That’s really bad because you can’t move your site to any other hosting that has lower price, you simply locked there.
13. If you have enough money and can afford paying SFM for the elite membership, if you are not tech savvy, probably this program is a good fit for you because in case with SFM, they will make most of the setup work for you, though it’s not so difficult to pay that much money. But even in that case you need to put in the work before you can achieve even decent success.
14. Another problem with Six Figure Mentors is that once you log in to the SFM back office and enter the data, you will get your affiliate link, choose your landing page and that’s it. They provide you with all tools you need for your business and you’re good to go.
But the problem is that like I said above, it’s not easy to drive traffic to your page and make money from it. If it was so easy then everyone would be making millions every day.
And I would be making millions instead of sitting and writing this review to open your eyes to the program. Yes, I’m making money, but it is not about millions. It’s not realistic at all.
15. Some experts say that Six Figure Mentors is not an MLM scheme, because there is no creating down-lines etc. You just promote the product and earn affiliate commissions.
But there is some info that when you bring a new prospect to them, you receive a commission and so does your mentor and so on, and your mentor will always try to push the most expensive membership package to your prospect to allow you to earn higher commission.
I can say that it does look like MLM, and some experts say that it’s an MLM dressed up online marketing mentoring system. I tend to think that it’s not MLM.
16. I also found two complaints and you can read it below from a real person who has tried SFM. If you continue your search you will find some more complaints.
Final word on Six Figure Mentors
My final word on SFM is that I can’t say that it’s a scam because some people are happy with their system. It does work. If you are willing to put in the work you can make money with SFM.
But the program is not perfect at all and membership packages are really way expensive and not affordable for an average person. A friend of mine lost $7000 with SFM and left the program after having been a member of SFM for almost a year.
I would never pay that much money simply because I’ve been involved in internet marketing since 2000 and I know many other legit programs that produce excellent results while their price is much lower.
One of such programs that I’ve tried and I’m really happy with it is Wealthy Affiliate – # 1 online business community in the world – highly reputable and legit.
I owe to them for having my business up and running. Their price is much lower, just $29 per month and there is no any other costs. Their training is supreme, support is supreme, community is awesome etc.
To be honest, Wealthy Affiliate basically provides you the same value, but for much lower price. I think it’s the best option if you want to start online on the right foot.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions and I will be more than happy to help you out.